Business Skills Visas
These visas are designed for individuals deemed to be innovative and talented business persons who wish to start and/or invest in Australian businesses.
There are different visa subclasses, the choice of which depends on the following:
- Whether you own and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Whether you intend to make a designated investment in an Australian state or territory.
- Whether you intend to make a significant investment into complying investments in Australia.
- Whether you have a significant history of doing business in Australia, and will now take up a chief management role.
- Whether you are intending to invest sizeable capital into a business venture in Australia.
There are a large number of requirements that need to be met for this category of visa. At a minimum, you will be required to meet the following:
- Lodge an expression of interest, and be invited to apply for a visa.
- Be under the age of 55 at the time of application (can be waived if the business is deemed to be of exceptional economic benefit).
- Be nominated by a state or territory.
- Demonstrate a successful business or investment history.
- Demonstrate adequate personal and business assets.
- Be competent in English.
- Achieve the minimum number of points (only subclass 188).
- Pass the health and character assessments.