Employer Sponsored Visas
This category of visa caters for skilled people intending to move to Australia (temporarily or permanently) that will be sponsored by their employer. It may also apply to individuals temporarily employed in Australia that are seeking permanent residence.
** The visas under the Employer Sponsored Visa category are subclass 186 (Employer Nominated), subclass 494 (Regional Provisional) and 482 (Temporary Skilled).
The choice between subclasses depends on the following:
- Whether you are applying for a temporary or permanent visa.
- The type of sponsorship the employer is approved for.
- Your nominated occupation.
- The location of the position.
- The length of the intended employment.
Your choice of visa subclass is important because each caters for applicants in different circumstances. At a minimum, you will be required to meet the following:
- Be nominated by an approved employer.
- Be under the age of 45 when applying for a subclass 186 or 482.
- Possess predefined skills or qualifications.
- Be competent in English.
- Pass the health and character assessments.
* If you do not have an employer to nominate you, you may still be able to lodge an expression of interest which will allow potential employers to view your profile and consider you for nomination.